How to keep the beautiful color and the shiny, smooth surface of plated jewelries? Follow the five jewelry care tips in below and you can enjoy wearing your stunning plated jewelries for years.
- Avoid chemicals. Avoid getting the jewelry wet with soap, perfume, lotion and other chemicals.
- Carefully apply personal care products. Apply hand and body lotions, hairspray, makeup, and perfume before you put on your jewelry to avoid direct contact with chemicals that may be harmful to your jewelry.
- Cleaning. Regularly clean your plated jewelry with a soft dry cloth to remove the built-up body oils and other chemicals from the surface of the jewelry.
- Sweating. Remove your jewelry before exercising or if you know you are going to sweat heavily. Your natural body sweat contains chemicals that can naturally corrode gold-plating.
- Store the jewelry properly. Don’t leave your jewelry sitting in a place where it’s exposed to sunlight continuously. Powerful sun rays and heat can cause gold-plating to fade, ruining its original color. When you’re not wearing it, store your jewelry inside of a protective pouch or a jewelry box. Do not store or keep several plated jewelry in a single bin. Several plated jewelry in a single bin will rub or scratch against each other and will cause the plating to fade faster.